Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 10:18:11 +0200
From:      Ian Freislich <iang@digs.iafrica.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Joachim.Wunder@lrz-muenchen.de, rhh@ct.picker.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status on detect fix for Hauppauge FI1236 MK2 Tuner Cards

Luigi Rizzo...
> > I have a similar problem. The problem is that here is no code to
> > initialise the MSP340x chip, or the code isn't being run. This chip
>
> if it is initialized through I2C commands, then perhaps you can do
> some experiments to find out the exact init sequence with some
> user-space code using the I2C ioctl() that i recently added to the
> driver. Then it would be trivial to bring the code in the driver
> for a proper initialization of the chip.

That I could do. My company is sending me to another part of the
country for a week on a SUN Enterprise Cluster administration
course, so I'll only be able to do something useful on this when
I get back, I'll use the time away to have a detailed look at the
data sheet and come up with some idea of an initialisation sequence.

Silly question: do you have some example code using this ioctl or
some short explanation. (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm too lazy to go and
scour the driver or go document seeking).

-- igf (Ian Freislich)
http://copernicus.cpt.tech.iafrica.com/