Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 01:33:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD error question.

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> The only way to get an EPERM error when writing a packet
> (as far as I know) is by hitting an ipfw rule.

Thats almost for certain what it is. Is netbios hitting my IP rules and
getting denied at the end. And thats what is causing this error. I suppose
to prove it 100% I could add a deny netbios rule and see if the packet
count matches the ammount of errors im getting. I think ill just work on
the client to remove the netbios garbage off his lan.

65534        697      56848 deny log ip from any to any

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't