Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:00:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        4wg7kolodzie@vmsb.csd.mu.edu (Justin A Kolodziej)
Subject:   Re: Emulated Quake2 a no-go

Justin A Kolodziej once stated:

=Apparently the Linux emulation in FreeBSD isn't good enough quite yet.
=Trying to run Quake 2 gives the following:
=
=Mar 17 00:09:35 mcd7-31 /kernel: Linux-emul(211): setup() not supported
=And I *am* running as root, so that's not the problem.

Another problem child is StarOffice-4.0 for Linux. It runs, but
eats up all the shared memory. It does not release it when exits
either -- requires an explicit ``ipcrm'' . Fortunately, the output
of ``ipcs'' is easy to parse :)

I do not believe it is the same way on Linux -- the developers
would have noticed already (am I naive or what :) ?). I think,
there must be some assumption(s) they make about the shared memory,
which are true on Linux, but are not on FreeBSD emulating it.

	-mi