Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 09:52:02 -0400
From:      Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   port makefile problem:  DISTFILES in multiple directories

Hi all, I'm trying to make a port for something that is distributed
in a rather brain damaged fashion (although perhaps the author has
his reasons) and I've come across a problem that I don't have a clean
solution for.  I'm hoping someone here can help me before I package up
the port for submittal.

The problem is with MASTER_SITES, DISTFILES, and the checksum target.
I need to get a eight different files from four different directories.
This is what I've done (relevant lines only):

PKGNAME=	inform-6.15
MASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/
DIST_SUBDIR=	inform6
DISTFILES=	source/inform615_source.zip \
		library/inform_library67.tar.gz \
		[...etc...]

(notice that the files aren't even in the same format, I handle that in
a do-extract target since there is other stuff I need to do at extract
time anyway).

The above fetches all the files okay and puts them all in
/usr/ports/distfiles/inform6 (assuming the default $DISTDIR), this is
what I want.  However, the checksums fail since that target tries to
find the files in

	/usr/ports/distfiles/inform6/source/inform615_source.zip
	/usr/ports/distfiles/inform6/library/inform_library67.tar.gz
	[...etc...]

What is the best way to fix this?

For now I've added the following hack, it works but is ugly.

# XXX This is to get checksums to work
post-fetch:
	@if [ ! -e ${DISTDIR}/${DIST_SUBDIR}/source ]; then \
		${LN} -sf . ${_DISTDIR}/source; \
		${LN} -sf . ${_DISTDIR}/library; \
		${LN} -sf . ${_DISTDIR}/manuals; \
	fi

I'm hoping someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks
--
Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>, DDM Consulting