Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2007 08:42:25 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Nvidia Marvell 88E1116  supported in 6 CURRENT?

Is the Nvidia Marvell 88E1116 Gigabit NIC working on 6.2 STABLE?

I have a machine with one of these on the maotherboard, and it is not
detected by the install CD. I put an fxp card in, and did te install, then
cvsuped, rebuilt everythign, (using the GENERIC kernel defs), but it's
still not detected on boot.

This machine has a fairly small number of avaialble add in card slots, and
I really need to get this working, so that I can fill these with other
cards that are required for this system.

Am I overlooking something here?

(Dennis Ritchie)