Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:22:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sorry, but -current still has problems

I am going to be at the Bay area for a few more days this week.  Unfortunately,
I don't have any resources there to work on things unless I am at work.  So,
it is unlikely that I'll be able to work on the problems until Friday.  It
looks like I have made some improvements in the object/vnode mgmt in my
local tree, but it is still not good enough to commit.

The problem is that the vnode/objects have to be put on the free list when
they are in the right state.  Unfortunately, the state transistions at
unpleasant to handle times.  There may also be some locking problems, but
I am still researching it.

I hope to be able to get a good week of work in soon, so these problems
can be more easily resolved.

All in all, the new code should work alot better when it is done.