Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 16:35:14 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_L=F6nnqvist?= <Mikael.Lonnqvist@qbranch.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   newbie quest: freeBSD 4.8-rel, running X fails on my laptop w. an ATI Radeon IGP 340M

Hi all,
I'm having a problem running X on my Laptop, FreeBSD-4.8-release, =
Xfree86 Vers. 4.3.0 (out of ports)=20
The laptop (Fujitsu, 2Hgz, 512MB RAM) has an ATI Radeon IGP 340M, 32MB =
graphics
chip in it. It's running on PCI bus 1, device 5, funct0.=20

I'm getting this error msg:

(EE) No devices detected
Fatal server error: no screens found

tailing /var/log/XF86Config.0.log produces the same as above.=20

No matter what i try, I can't seem to get it working...

A colleague of mine running Mandrake 9.1 has an identical machine as =
mine, and has hot Xfree86 4.3.0
Working - so i tried copying his XF86Config file,,, except for the fonts =
statements,
which has been changed/modified in Mandrake in order for to use it's own =
font server.

Doesn't help... and I don't want to run Mandrake;-)

I't looks like the Radeon chip is not found, doesn't it? (according to =
the Error)

Anywone got a clue? I've tried searching everything everywhere via =
Google but=20
have come up with nothing useful.

Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong forum, or if i'm posting =
this in some way i should not

Best Regards
/Mikael