Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:05:52 +0100
From:      Stevan Tiefert <stevan.tiefert@freenet.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD telnetd and Microsoft Internet Explorer

Hello list,

on my machine there runs a telnetd started via inetd. It is not an
anonymous ftpd. When I access the directories of an user with Internet
Explorer I got strange outputs on my screen. The described szene is not
happening if I use the telnet on cmd.exe.

Internet Explorer is showing the filenames and time (of the ftpd)
together as one filename?!? That means on ftpd:

$ ls -al .login
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 248 29 Nov 14:39 .login

and in IE I see the icon with filename "14:39 .login"!!!

Is there a workaround for that? Why is ftpd making such funny things? I
can not read "14:39 .login" because IE says only file not found...

With regards
Stevan

--
Why my wife is happy when I do a "make buildkernel" and a "make
installkernel"? I have then a lot of time to do my housework :-(