Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:56:07 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aac support for Adaptec 2020SA ZCR

Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> We have a motherboard (Supermicro X6DHT-G) with an Adaptec 2020SA SATA
> RAID controller. We have been unable to get any drives recognised by the
> FreeBSD 5.3 release installation CD, and we've been unable to find much
> discussion about the status of the AAC device and support for this
> chipset. Several other Adaptec SATA RAID controllers seem to be
> supported: 2410SA, 2810SA, 21610SA. The logical drive configured in the
> RAID controller is detected successfully in a Gentoo Linux 2004.3
> environment.
>
> Has anyone had success with this controller? Any alternative you would
> recommend or will support be available in 5.4? I believe from the source
> code that the driver is maintained by Scott Long and that recent changes
> have been taking place.
>

> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Ari Maniatis

The 2020 seems to be in a pre-release phase just for SuperMicro.  It's
not mentioned at all on the Adaptec website.  I've been in contact with
Adaptec engineers who are preparing updates for the FreeBSD driver for
it, but it's looking unlikely that they will be done in time for the 5.4
release.

Scott