Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2018 22:34:49 +0200
From:      Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek re(4) driver

Allan Jude wrote:

> I think it would be useful to collect the 'pciconf -lv' output of the
> re(4) devices that have issues, so they can be differentiated from the
> ones that work fine.

Yes, but that would mean a structured approach, and not everybody loves
that. *vbeg*

I remember, in the old times there was a rule: on 100Mb never do
autonegotiate, on 1Gb always do autonegotiate - but that may vary
depending on device. I would think, that option, as well as respective
offloading capabilities, should also carefully checked for influences.

I have one of these pieces here, but it runs in 100Mb mode and sadly I
have no proper counterpart in reach to do full-speed testing.