Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:37:47 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        gibbs@plutotech.com, ccsanady@nyx.pr.mcs.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel builds and obj dirs..

>I like building it in the compile directory.  You can move it to usr.bin
>when it becomes as stable as `as' (and stabler than config :-).

My only worry in doing this is that the objs from the assembler may
conflict with other obj files from the kernel build proper.  If we
decided that this is how we want to handle this, I'll change the lex/yacc
files to have more unique names and make the appropriate changes to the
build of the assembler.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations