Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 01:57:13 -0600 (CST)
From:      Anthony Kimball <alk@pobox.com>
To:        culverk@wam.umd.edu
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DVD driver

Quoth Kenneth Wayne Culver on Mon, 27 December:
: I don't have a hardware decoder the software one looks fine but I'd like to
: know if anyone has tried to make a software decoder for FreeBSD. Thanks..

(I'll redirect to multimedia.)

I've been trying to build the nist mpeg2player on current lately.
It was reported to be working in late October, but I'm not having any
luck at the moment because of failures in static initializers in the
Regex package -- probably something to do with pthreads, and very
much non-trivial to debug, given my vanishingly small understanding
of the ever-changing thread model on CURRENT.