Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      george+freebsd@m5p.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still debugging why open("/dev/lpt0"...) hangs

lpt0 is hanging up when it tries to request the ppbus (line 478 of
lpt.c).  I'm guessing that if_plip.c has requested it and not
released it, which apparently happens when there's been an ioctl
on the plip.  There's no plausible reason why this should happen.
What can I call in lpioctl (if_plip.c line 302) to print out some
identifying information about the process doing the ioctl?  Or is
there a better list somewhere to ask this question?
-- George Mitchell