Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:08:02 -0500
From:      "Kutulu" <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix equiv. of sendmail's -bH?

From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 3:28 PM
> <<On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:25:53 -0500, "Kutulu" <kutulu@kutulu.org> said:
>
> > I upgraded my system last night to the latest -CURRENT and noticed a
change
> > in the daily mail cleanup.  Unfortunately, I'm not running sendmail, so
now
> > I'm getting:
>
> If you can come up with a good (silent) way to detect whether
> `sendmail -bH' is unsupported, I'd be happy to add that to the script.
> It's supposed to be able to deal with that case, but right now it can
> only detect the case where sendmail is being used, but not the host
> status cache.

I'm not so much worried about the noise in my logs (I can just turn it off,
which has also been pointed out to me a few times already).  There's already
a number of other daily periodic options postfix has you turn off, so that's
a non-issue for me.  And I'd fully accept the fact that, since I replaced a
base-system daemon with a ports daemon, I'm the one who should be
responsible for turning those off.

I was just concerned that some useful task that used to occur nightly may
now not be occurring, and if so, what I could do to make it occur again.  I
didn't see anything to even indicate that postfix has a host status cache,
meaning the option is pretty pointless either way.  I was just wondering if
anyone who had run postfix longer than me knew for sure :)

--Mike