Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 22:31:26 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Vijay Singh <vijju.singh@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Intel 1G Tx hangs

On 30. May 2012, at 17:38 , Vijay Singh wrote:

>>> Running 20ish guests in KVM with emulated e1000 cards and doing fine.
>>>
>> lucky you! I've been seeing complete RX failure with multiple emulated
>> e1000 in qemu guest, cf kern/168246. It did not seem to have yet
>> picked much interest from maintainer...
>>
>>  - Arnaud
>>
>>> Got a few physical ones in production as well, no hangs here.
>
> FYI, I updated our 8.2 code base to 8-stable e1k drivers and things
> appear to have stabilized.
>
> @jfv, the if_lem.c version did change from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4.

for what it's worth I can freeze all my network traffic inside VMware
when running lem on HEAD doing a few special things;  I had not yet
had the time to debug it and ifconfig down/up on console can clear it.
I'll see if I find the time to look into it to conclude whether it is
a problem of lem or vmware.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!