Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:26:30 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Willow <willow@tds.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hosts.{deny|allow}

On Fri, 06 Nov 1998 at 13:23 SAST, Willow wrote:

> I'm trying to block access to our freebsd (2.2.7) boxes from several
> domains and not having any luck.  I have read the man pages on
> hosts_optiosn and hosts_access and tried to follow along without success.

If you have installed the tcp_wrappers port, then hosts.{allow,deny} will be
default be located in /usr/local/etc, not /etc.  This has confused many
people.

For your purposes, though, ipfw might be a better option than tcpd.

-- V

Johann Visagie | wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878 | ICQ: 20645559