Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15029: XFree86 3.3.5 port is labeled as broken and so fails to build at all

The following reply was made to PR ports/15029; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To: erikk@infowest.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/15029: XFree86 3.3.5 port is labeled as broken and so
 fails to build at all
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:25:32 -0500 (EST)

 On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 erikk@infowest.com wrote:

 > I just barely installed 3.3-STABLE from the November 19th snapshot then yesterday (20th) CVSup'd STABLE and PORTS and succeeded in building world.  I did not install X since I decided to build it from the port.  When attempting to build from the /usr/ports/x11/XFree86/ directory, the port is labeled as BROKEN in the Makefile.  How can I install X as a port if the port is broken?  Is there a fix coming?  Any ideas how soon?
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Try installing X cleanly from the ports collection (as of Nov. 20th 1999) on any 3.3-STABLE box and it will fail because the Makefile says the port is broken.

 Thank you for this insight into the ports system. If the port is marked
 broken, one would assume there is a reason behind it.

 The port will have to be fixed to not think cpp is at /lib/cpp, fixed
 to use -lcrypt appropriatly, fixed to actually _build_ X servers, fixed
 to not try and use its own getenv() and a couple of other things first.

 Patches accepted.

 --
 - bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
 - ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -