Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:02:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My cron job does not work

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong wrote:

> Hi ;
>     I have configured crontab to run specific task at specific time under
> normal user account rather then root .  But the cron job seems does not
> execute at specific time .
>     Could somebody explain to me why the cron job does not exexcute ?
> Please advise .

I assume that you are *not* talking about adding additional jobs in
/etc/crontab, but rather about creating crontab files for individual
users. In that case, you will have to install that user's crontab file
using the crontab(1) command. Have a look at the manpage of the command,
it should tell you what exactly you need to do in order to install and
maintain crontabs for individual users.

The syntax of the example crontab file you posted in your original
messages seemed correct, however, I guess that your problems came from not
properly installing your crontab file using crontab(1).

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org