Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:38:21 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Varshavchick Alexander <alex@metrocom.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4G RAM

Hi,

are there any limitations on the maximum RAM amount that FreeBSD can
support? I have a server with 4G RAM which traps while booting but it
works with 3G. It seems as though memory amount has 'int' or 'unsigned'
type so it can not be grater than 4294967295 which is exactly 4G. And what
if I need more than 4G? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)