Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:09:57 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Michel Boucey <m.boucey@normanet.fr>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't make buildworld

Michel Boucey wrote:

> I forget to say that I'm only following the 'Using make world' page from
> HandBook, and perhaps there's now a different way for doing ...

Actually, the Handbook in section 19.4.1 tells you to follow
/usr/src/UPDATING if it is different and for 4-stable it is different.
For updating over major changes such as 4.1 to 4-stable it is
suggested that you follow the buildworld, build[install]kernel, boot
to single user, installworld, and then run mergemaster.

Kent

> Cordialement,
>
> Michel Boucey   Administrateur Système
> > Société Norm@net +33 2 31 27 13 45 <
>
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Donn Miller wrote:
>
> > Kent Stewart wrote:
> >
> > > It would appear that you have done something wrong but I don't have a
> > > clue what it could be. How did you setup cvsup and how is your system
> > > configured. Perhaps someone will have an idea of what is wrong.
> >
> > Just a shot in the dark, but he may have had /usr/src mounted on a FAT
> > filesystem.

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com