Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:34:18 +0800 (CST)
From:      liu jiachang <ljc020930@yahoo.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to delete a not empty directory on FTP Server via ftp on freebsd 5.3

Hi,

I signed up a account to have a ftp space to upload my
web files. And it needs manangered by myself via ftp.
But I have to said that I am a newbie on freebsd.

when I type ftp at my shell, and successed long in ftp
server. But I don't know how to delete directory via
the command of ftp. I had searched some information
about that, and 'man ftp'. But I only know that there
are 'delete(file)' and 'rmdir(empty diretory) command,
I tied to typed 'rm -r Diretory-Name' and 'mv -f
Diretory-Name'(as on my csh), but I faied.

Can you tell me where I can find more information
about the command of ftp(I enjoy command better, not
GUI ftp client if possible)

Best Wish,
Nectar