Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 17:52:39 -0600
From:      keyser@clio.rice.edu (Kevin Keyser)
To:        hanspb@persbraten.vgs.no
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfs on /tmp

> > /dev/wd0s1b             /tmp            mfs     rw,-s=32768  0   0
>
> Why do you use /dev/wd0s1b as device? Why not just /dev/null?

>From the man page for mount_mfs(8):

The parameters to mount_mfs are the same as those to newfs.  The special
file is only used to read the disk label which provides a set of
configuration parameters for the memory based file system.  The special
file is typically that of the primary swap area, since that is where
the file system will be backed up when free memory gets low and the
memory supporting the file system has to be paged.

> --
>  Linux; 64bit, multi-platform, multi-tasking, multi-user, fast and Free.
> Microsoft Windows 95 - From the makers of EDLIN and FAT drive formatting!
> "Who needs horror movies when we have Microsoft"?

Kevin