Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 16:34:44 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        John Ioannidis <ji@research.att.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6 support for the 3COM 3C905

I know several people (including myself) who have had problems with this
card on FreeBSD. In 100 Mbit mode (which has to be set manually with a
DOS utility) they gave me very bad performance against other 100 mpbs
machines, and caused machines which relied on nfs mounts for /usr/local
to actually crash! The nfs server had the 3com card, the clients had
different cards, and I ended up having to run the clients in 10 Mbit/s
through a 10/100 multiport hub, before I realized that it was the server
nic that was spooky.

I did a netstat -i 20 when uploading a large file to this server, and
got read errors. For now I stay from this card... :(
Looking forward to a revised driver... :)

/Palle