Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:28:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cool Web page interface to mail + search engine?

According to Terry Lambert:
> > > The benefit is in having a date-order stamp on message *that came
> > > into* majordomo.
[...]
> OK... I was just thinking that the "massage" could be done by a local
> SMTP modification on freefall to put the stamp in the desired format,
> since it is a generated value anyway.  This would save later header
> banging.  But if you must do header banging anyway... then toy can
> go ahead and do it without worring about the issue.
>
> In any case, a known date stamp and Subject line should be enough
> to thread most data correctly.

I think something like a X-FreeBSD-List-Mark with date and sender of the
message would be real nice for filtering. If you knew that it was always
there in all mails from the lists, and it had a datestamp and all.
Even if the indexing engine has to do major header parsing anyway, then at
least people's filter wouldn't have to. That'd be nice, no?

  /Mikael