Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 01:36:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   'no more processes'

   Disregard the last mail.  The message was caused by me having a
command in my .cshrc (yes, it does belong in my .login.  long story. :-)
that wasn't executable on this particular machine.  The file on the
"broken" machine was an empty file that was marked executable.

   It's also interesting to note that if I invoke this script, it reports
back the last reported error message it gave me before I invoked it.  I
would presume that it goes in to some kind of loop when it encounters the
not-quite-usable file, because the only time csh exits with ERR_NOPROC
is, well, when it actually can't fork.

  Is this a well-known error that I just stumbled on?  And if so, someone
feel like explaining it?  It's a bit odd.  I can't reproduce it on
-release, but I don't have another -stable system around on which to test
it (and my -current machine is .. ahh, in a bad state. :-)

  -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)