Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:18:46 -0400
From:      Doug Kilpatrick <dougk@tis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Profiling LKM's

I have an LKM I want to profile.  I know the functions "wss_update", and
"wss_insert" are taking some significant time... I'd like to have some
hard numbers.  (I'd love to have some idea how much time they take on a
per-line basis too...but I can work around that)

How do I do this?  I have already configured the kernel with the -p
flag, and compilied/installed it.  I have already read the man page to
kgmon.

(I've even managed to get gprof to give me output that mentions some of
the functions in the lkm, just none of the ones I care about and know
are getting called.)

Doug
-- dougk@tis.com
I do not speak for my employer.