Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:54:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Sleepless in Brisbane <snowy@snowy.org>
To:        Glen A White <bubba@globalserve.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD router and ADSL

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Glen A White wrote:

> Right now I have a FreeBSD router  that is part of a home network.  I have
> used this router for almost 2 years just editting the ppp.conf file with
> dial up ISP changes.  The problem I have is I am now getting ADSL and I am
> lost.  I do not know where to look or what to change in the in the ppp.conf
> file or even if I need this for the router to work.
>
> Currently there are 3 other Win98 systems connected to the network that
> access the internet with the help of the router.  I would appreciate a place
> to look.  Or steps to take so I can continue using this router.

You need to provide more information; ADSL connections can be used via one of
three methods - high speed serial, USB and Ethernet.  (Ethernet being probably
the best out of these in terms of compatiblity).  Ask your ADSL provider what
sort of ADSL 'modem' they are going to use and what connection it requires on
your computer's end.