Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:08:37 +0000
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        Harti Brandt <harti@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: bsnmpd & 64bits counters problem

Harti Brandt wrote:
> The highspeed counters are only there if this is a high-speed interface.
> High speed means that the baudrate in the interface MIB (the one in the
> kernel) must be larger than 20Mbaud.

Does it look at the if_baudrate member?

em(4) and other drivers will set if_baudrate according to the speed
detected from Ethernet link beat, this could be creating a situation
where bsnmpd is not exposing the high-speed counters at runtime?

I imagine this could really confuse an SNMP-oriented Network Management
System such as Nagios or OpenNMS.

cheers
BMS