Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:20:05 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Andrey Zakhvatov <andy@icc.surw.chel.su>
Cc:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/12690: New port: gperiodic-1.2.1

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 10:48:39AM +0400, Andrey Zakhvatov wrote:

>   I guess _any_ software have "Software Agreement" or "License" or something
> else to state its legislation status. Why not about GPL license?

The reasoning is that we already have enough copies of the GPL
license.

The obvious problem is that we don't have one standard copy.

/usr/share/misc might not be bad, but I'm concerned it would cause
backlash from cvs-committers, even if added to a text file that
explains where it applies and doesn't apply,

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.