Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:24:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: simple FreeBSD shaper questions :)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Dennis wrote:

> Andy is peeved that I wouldnt give him a license without payment because
> the "guy with the credit card was out playing golf" and they couldnt do
> without bandwidth shaping until he got back.

That's bullshit, plain and simple. I was pissed because you wouldn't take
the type of credit card (Amex, I believe) that we had. You have since
changed that policy, which is good for you. Anyways, you wouldn't take
that card, and wouldn't agree to any sort of arrangement we offered,
including direct wire transfer. You basically said "fuck you I don't want
your money". So now, and for the rest of time, I'm going to let everybody
know that you feel that the customer is not important, and you are not
motivated by their money. This was three years ago; do you really think
I'm vindictive enough to continue this to try to hurt you? No, this is an
honest attempt to educate your potential customers that you don't give a
rats ass. You might have some decent products, and you probably happily
support people (although there are many stories about how you left people
hanging), but the bottom line is that to you, the customer is _not_ first.
People should know this.

> So, if I won't break very clearly defined and understood rules for you, Im
> a "legendary asshole". So be it.

No, you're a legendary asshole because of your personality. Like I said,
just search for dennis@etinc.com in inet-access archives and laugh. I
think you even unsubscribed it got so bad. Or at least, you were beaten
into submission.

> Dont expect any "special" treatment and you'll be just fine. We're running
> a business here, not selling tee shirts from a shopping cart outside of
> Yankee Stadium.

Special treatment? Trying to give you money for a product is special
treatment?

> We have a free demo, try it. Listen to other people and you are getting a
> lot of gibberish out of context.

You're right on this note, and this is exactly what I said. Try it. But
also try the built-in limiting with ipfw before you buy.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access