Date:      Tue, 22 May 2018 02:21:38 +0000
From:      Mateus Rodrigues de Morais <mateus@mateus.tech>
To:        "soc-status@freebsd.org" <soc-status@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Porting Microsoft's CoreCLR, CoreFX, and PowerShell to FreeBSD and PowerShell to FreeBSD - Week 1

Hello all,

The goal of my project is to create a port of the .NET Core SDK and Runtime=
 for FreeBSD in order to build and create a PowerShell port as well.

During this first week of work, I=92ve gotten in touch with the .NET commun=
ity and the Microsoft team in order to gather information on how to put tog=
ether a working runtime and SDK on FreeBSD as well as to check the progress=
 of past efforts of doing so. I created a GitHub issue over at the CoreCLR =
repository to track my work and ask questions regarding the project [1].

Since then, I=92ve managed to gather a good amount of information which I=
=92m going to work on this next week regarding putting together a bootstrap=
 .NET Core CLI that I can use to either build .NET Core itself or even Powe=
rShell. If this proves successful, It=92ll be a huge first step toward proj=
ect completion. Right now, I have the CoreCLR component building successful=
ly on FreeBSD.

[1]: https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr/issues/18067

Best,

Mateus.