Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:08:01 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        Louis LeBlanc <leblanc@smtp.ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW, natd, and one big headache

At 10:56 PM 10/10/01 -0400, you wrote:
>On 10/10/01 09:10 PM, David Kelly sat at the `puter and typed:
>> [. . .]
<snip>

David's suggestions are good, and I'm going to try to preserve that e-mail
for future guidance, but let me suggest another resource:
	<http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15>;

It's the O'Reilly Network BSD Dev Center FreeBSD Basics section and is
really helpful on setting up firewalls using ipfw. She takes you through
the process step by step in the four consecutive articles starting
05/10/2001, BSD Firewalls: IPFW Rulesets. The earlier articles give a lot
of useful information about TCP/IP, packet formats, how to read packets
captured, etc. The thing is, after reading her articles I have a better
understanding of the terminology.
--
Roger