Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:42:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        dmiller@search.sparks.net (David Miller)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IOCTL question

David Miller wrote...
> Hello all:)
>
> I'm struggling to bring up a scsi based mpeg2 decoder on 2.2.7.  Right now
> I'm trying to kick start it with the "scsi" command.  In order to write to
> it I'm using:
>
> alex# dd if=test.mpg bs=64k count=1 | ./scsi -f /dev/uk0 -c "2A 0 0 0 80
> 0" -o  65536 "-"
> 1+0 records in
> 1+0 records out
> 65536 bytes transferred in 0.008196 secs (7996099 bytes/sec)
> SCIOCCOMMAND ioctl: Input/output error
>

> Since I certainly can talk to the board (identification inquiry, color
> bars, soft reset) this is not a general communications problem.
>
> Is this a case of ioctl not wanting to issue this command to uk0?  If so,
> how do I tweak uk() so as to write to it?  If not, what is it telling me?

There are several things wrong with the above command.

 - the CDB length is wrong
 - you either have not specified the length of the command, or if the '80'
   above is part of the length, it doesn't match up with the length you gave
   to the scsi command on the command line.

Try something like:

./scsi -f /dev/uk0 -c "2A 0 0 0 0 0 0 ff ff 0" -o 65535 "-"

That will hopefully write 65535 bytes at address 0.

What kind of device is this, any way?  I mean, what device type does it
probe as?

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry