Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:34:19 -0400
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@carroll.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote 3.5 -> 4.1-STABLE source upgrade (updated)

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 05:21:37PM +0700, Max Khon wrote:
>2) make buildkernel KERNEL=GENERIC && make installkernel KERNEL=GENERIC

Just curious, what is the purpose of doing this step before doing the
installworld? Is this done do make sure that the the kernel works ok
before installing the rest of the OS? Secondly, why would I want to
build the GENERIC kernel instead of my custom kernel?

Thanks,

--
Damien Tougas
Systems Administrator