Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2018 00:54:09 +0300
From:      Greg V <greg@unrelenting.technology>
To:        Juan Ambriz <jp_ambriz@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: No aw_thermal device on Orange Pi One

On 02/22/2018 00:44, Juan Ambriz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Just built and image for Orange Pi One using r329366 with crochet. Using the board configuration for OrangePi-Plus2E the only change made was in setup.sh file to use u-boot-orangepi-one.
>
> Looking at old messages on the list I see that "aw_thermal0: <Allwinner Thermal Sensor Controller> mem 0x1c25000-0x1c253ff" is missing.
Hi. This happened because we're using device trees from upstream (Linux)
now, and they do not have entries for the thermal sensor.

I made a little work-in-progress patch:
https://gist.github.com/myfreeweb/a6cb7261fc79977f4c1c224cfe5ca3de
That uses the configuration proposed for Linux:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/28/406
But it currently fails in aw_thermal_init.

And anyway, reading the sensor correctly depends on reading thermal
calibration data, which is currently in progress:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13556