Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:27:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Polo shirts

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br> wrote in list.freebsd-chat:
 > #define quoting(Viren R. Shah)
 > // Anyone know if there are pictures of these on the web site anywhere? I
 > // wanted to get a look at all the colors before choosing a shirt.
 > // I just looked at both the Walnut Creek and the FreeBSD sites --
 > // neither of them have any pictures (or mention of the polos).
 > //
 > // Also, are the T-shirts that are available of a newer design? Or are
 > // they the ones where the Daemon is walking out of the CD?
 >
 > I'd like to see one without the CD.  Just the daemon.

A few months ago, I made a bunch of T-shirts (for me and my
friends) with the BSD daemon "Chuck" and the FreeBSD slogan
(well, the old slogan, not the new one).  The graphics file
that I used is online at this URL:

   http://fromme.com/t-shirt/

You can use it if you want to make your own FreeBSD T-shirt
(or FreeBSD Polo shirt or FreeBSD pants or whatever ;-).

I made that image by scanning the 2.0.5 CD-ROM cover, removing
everything that didn't belong to Chuck (including the CD which
partially covered him, so I had to draw a new tail and parts
of his left foot) and adding a bit of text.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  You can see me wearing such a T-shirt on this picture:
http://fromme.com/hip/pix2/hip31.html  (I hope you don't mind
that there's also a poor soul wearing a Linux T-shirt on that
picture... ;-)

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18-61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany