Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:05:12 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ancontrol/ifconfig and WEP index mixup ?

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:39:03PM -0400, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> I've only ever put one key into the access points and one key into the
> client card. With a Lucent card and one key (the same one I'm adding
> to the cisco card) it works fine, which would not happen if I was
> transmitting with a different key from the access point.

Ok, so much for that theory.

> It also doesn't explain why clearing key 0 with ancontrol actually
> clears key 1, setting key 0 actually sets key 1, how key 0 got into
> the ancontrol output that I cannot clear and why there is disagreement
> between the ancontrol and ifconfig output.

Please try not using ancontrol at all and use ifconfig instead.  There's
really no point for 99.9+% of all uses and there may be some uncaught,
bad interactions between ifconfig and ancontrol.  This really should
just work (FWIW, I'm tying this over a connection using a 350 with WEP.)

-- Brooks

--=20

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--