Date:      Thu, 6 May 2004 13:57:58 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@sweetdreamsracing.biz>
Subject:   Re: problem with pci interrupt routing table?

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 11:02 pm, Kenneth Culver wrote:
> Hi, I was looking more closely at my dmesg to try to figure out why I can't
> get the nvidia drivers to work, and I noticed that the nvidia card was
> showing up on irq 11, where it was showing up at 16 in windows. I looked
> closer at the dmesg and found:
>
> agp0: <VIA Generic host to PCI bridge> mem 0xe0000000-0xefffffff at device
> 0.0 on pci0
> agp0: Reserved 0x10000000 bytes for rid 0x10 type 3 at 0xe0000000
> pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 1.0 on pci0
> pcib1: could not get PCI interrupt routing table for \\_SB_.PCI0.P0P1 -
> AE_NOT_FOUND
> pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
> pci1: <display, VGA> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
>
> This looks like FreeBSD is unable to get the correct routing for IRQ's on
> the agp port for this motherboard. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
> (It's been doing this for several months, so it isn't JHB's recent fixes
> that cause this problem.

You'd have to fix your BIOS.  Do an acpidump and look at the ASL file it
generates.  Then, search for the string _PRT.  You will see that each PCI bus
has one of these child objects, except for the one that has the AGP bus.  You
can try creating a _PRT for it perhaps.  If you send me your ASL I can maybe
try to work up a patch for it that you can try.