Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:01:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Marcelo <bsdq@stgo.cl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using F-BSD as a dynamic router...

Hello,
I realize that FreeBSD can easily be used as a router.. but picture this.
FreeBSD with 2 network cards.. one is in v-lan1 and the other in v-lan2.
Dial-up users are in v-lan1 and the internet in general is in v-lan2.

What I want to acomplish is the following:
By default, v-lan1 has no access what-so-ever to v-lan2
A user dials up in v-lan1, and is forced to go to a web based form on the
FreeBSD machine. They type in their username and password. Once they are
authinticated, the routing tables in the FreeBSD machine will be modified
so that user (with the IP assigned by the cisco 5300) will be able to surf
freely.

Here is where I believe will be the hard part..
Once the user hangs up.. the FreeBSD machine will somehow detect this
(how?) and will block of that IP address so that the next person that
dials in is blocked from the internet until they authenticate
themselves...

Any clues?

Thanks
Marcelo