Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:56:45 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.reifenberger.com>
Subject:   Re: vinum start & -current doesn't work as expected

Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.reifenberger.com> wrote:

> After reboot, a `vinum start` gives me:
> ** no drives found: No such file or directory

Do you perchance have a kernel without GEOM?

vinum start has now been changed to use sysctl kern.disks as the list
of devices to scan.  Hmm.  No, maybe not...  I'm afraid i should
change the userland to perform the same as the early startup in the
kernel now does.

What does your sysctl kern.disks say?

As a workaround, you can try setting

vinum_load=YES
vinum.autostart=YES

in your /boot/loader.conf, /and/ remove the start_vinum line from
rc.conf.  Please tell me whether this gives different results.