Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:15:38 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Nick Popoff <nick@bloodletting.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, cg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound for Sony Vaio PCG-Z505HE

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 at 00:19:31 -0700, Nick Popoff wrote:

> Greetings.  I'm trying to get sound support working for my Sony
> laptop and FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE (CVSup'ed a few days ago) and I think
> I'm missing something obvious but am stuck at the moment.

[snip..]

The chipset in that laptop is only supported under -CURRENT (it's a
Yamaha YMF744 chipset) with the ds1 driver, so you need to run -CURRENT
to make it work.

I've Cc'd Cameron Grant <cg@FreeBSD.org>, the guy responsible for the
driver -- hey Cam, can you MFC this please?  I've been using it since
you added it and it works fine.  Pretty please?  :-)

- jim

--
/* jim mock - berkeley software design, inc - open source division */
/* documentation manager - jim@FreeBSD.org - jim@luna.osd.bsdi.com */