Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 20:50:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   iij-ppp ver 0.94

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way of passing variables to the login
script at the time of execution.  The system I log into requires that a
ppp process is started form the terminal server command line (i.e. no PAP
authentication - the user logs in to the terminal server as a normal
login).  The thing that worries me is that I have my password stored in
plain text in my ppp.conf file.  What I would like to have is for the PPP
process to prompt me for my password when the login script starts.  Is
this possible ??

thanks,

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !