Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:36:27 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        loverso@sitaranetworks.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION PLEASE: g77 in base system.

> Does gcc has a Pascal? :-)

Actually, yes.  It's not a part of it yet, but drops in and builds
easily with gcc-2.8.1, and with very little extra work for egcs.

Check out <http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/>.

Unlike Modula-3 and Gnat, they wrote the front-end in C, so it's a whole
lot easier to port.  It drops into a "p" subdir much like the Fortran
front-end and includes a bunch of tests.  It's a pretty nice dialect
too - mostly compatible with Borland's Pascal with object extensions.

I personally don't need Fortran or Objective-C, but could use C, C++,
gjc (the new Java compiler), and gpc.  I'm used to building my own
compilers and cross-compilers, so it's no big deal for me either way.

	-- Parag Patel