Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:40:44 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hidecvsroot=1 is ignored (cvsweb 3.0.2)

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 08:03 +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> The setting
> hidecvsroot=1, which should hide the CVSROOT directory is ignored. You
> can directly call this directory from the address-line in the browser

If I understand you correctly (and I assume that it isn't really
ignored, but it just doesn't do what you think it should), this is not a
bug.

hidecvsroot is a user setting; it can be changed in the URL to 0/1, IIRC
there's no user interface for doing that, and the default value for it
can be configured in cvsweb.conf.

If you want to really restrict access to CVSROOT/ instead of just not
generating links to it in dir views by default, see @ForbiddenFiles in
cvsweb.conf.

> and it is also possible to get access, by clicking on the button "Change
> options" in the web-interface[1]. Then CVSROOT is also shown.

That, on the other hand, is a bug still present in 3.0.4; changing (or
not) values in the options form should not affect whether CVSROOT is
shown or not.  I'll look into it.  Thanks.