Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:27:09 -0400
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   VM Switch broken after update on 20190507

I just updated my bhyve server running CURRENT up to r349133 and can't
start my network switch.  I suspect that this problem has a root cause
in the kernel configuration change made on 20190507 that created
if_tuntap to replace the tunnel and tap devices.  My vm switch has been
in use for over a year and worked fine.  When booting I get the message:

/boot/kernel/if_tap.ko - unsupported file type.

I can't remove or destroy my vm switch to create a new one.  I get the
message:

vm switch remove public re0 - unable to locate switch id
vm destroy public - failed to remove virtual switch

My vm_bhyve port is version 1.3.0

I tried to locate any config files that were generated by the vm switch
create utility.  I was not successful.  I wanted to see if I could just
manually edit something to change if_tap to if_tuntap.  What do I need
to make my vm switch work again?

Tom

--
Public Keys: