Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 16:03:37 -0700
From:      "Doug Wilson" <want_2_learn_freebsd@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Solution: Need snappy telnet service (revisited)

Hey list.

I found the solution, and Ted pointed me in the right direction.

/etc/resolv.conf had the following in it:

domain    apc.net
nameserver    209.223.136.10

And that was it.  Now, I just guessed that this is not correct (must be how
the sysinstall makes it), and since we have two dns servers on our network I
made it the following:

domain    apc.net
#nameserver    209.223.136.10
ns1.apc.net    209.223.136.10
ns2.apc.net    209.223.136.11

Then I rebooted, and everything works now: service with a smile.  Thanks.

Doug.