Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:38:38 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad CD/RW

On Friday 20 September 2002 05:33 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 19:47, Michael Collette wrote:
> > Been looking to possibly pick up a CD/RW for this Thinkpad T23 of mine
> > here, and I was just wondering if anyone else has one?  Just looking for
> > some kind of confirmation that this might actually work properly under
> > FreeBSD.
> >
> > More specifically, I'm looking to purchase one of the ultrabay models
> > rather than some kind of external setup.
>
> I can't speak to your exact setup, but I have an Ultrabay DVD-CD/RW in
> my T30 and it works fine, aside from Ultrabay not being hot-swappable
> under FreeBSD (there's some business where the OS has to notify the
> hardware that it's ready for the swap, otherwise the Ultrabay locks out
> whatever device has been inserted/removed).

Ohhh, very cool.  I'm not looking to do any swapping of devices while powered
up anyway, so that is the least of my concerns.  Just wanted to make sure
that I could actually write to the CD/RW without any hassles.

BTW, any clever bits for the kernel config to get this to play?

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."