Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:21:52 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/ too big?

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 01:58:14PM -0600, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> > ****   TAKE THIS TO PORTS@FREEBSD.ORG  *****
> Agreed. This is where the depth of the discussion should take place.
>
> > This is NOT a -current issue!!
> I beg to differ. Any significant change to the status-quo is a -current issue.
>
> To adopt ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGE without widespread public notice is just
> inviting grumblings of "backroom politics". Just see what happens if the City
> Council votes to close Main Street and explains " this was discussed at a Public
> Hearing before the Public Works Commission"
>
> And some of us, myself included, are advocating making FreeBSD into a small set
> of ports!
>
> I guess that doesn't affect very many people :-)

You are very wrong. We are not "adopting significant change", we are discussing
possibilities. Discussions related to ports/packages belong on freebsd-ports.

Please read the mail charters.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM

PS. The reason that "Public Works Commissions" of the world exist is because
City Councils trust their departments to make informed reccomendations.