Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:42:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Mark Costlow <cheeks@swcp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dynamic SCSI device names

Keep in mind that before 5.0 ships, we should have persistent names based upon
device attributes (e.g., WordWideName or VPD Serial number).

Note also that once you import a disk into vinum, vinum won't care what the
end node name really is, so a changing end node name for a device is not all
that important.