Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:08:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Documentation on doing CD backups in FreeBSD

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> It's nice actually...  I only wanted to know, are you writing this
> straight in HTML or using SGML->HTML?  Don't waste time trying to
> reproduce the exact formatting of the HTML output of the Doc project...

I've written it in SGML - the stuff I put on my website is the HTML
formatted result of that. I thought I'd put that online instead of the
original SGML file, as I only wanted to know what people are thinking
about it right now. Once I'm finished with it, I can of course provide it
in SGML.

> The text seems okay.  It does need some more work, but it's something
> that would be nice for adding to the Handbook or at least as an
> article in our articles collection, I think.  A lot of people are
> using CDR's and CDRW's for backup today, and a small article
> describing this, or a section in the Handbook, are certainly a nice
> idea.

I will finish it and then get back here. I guess that there will be some
way it can be used by the Documentation Project, but first of all I will
have to finish it - what I currently have is not much more than my first
draft, only intended to serve as "something to show" so that people can
tell me if what I am doing is at all needed or not.

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org